Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 09:35:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

70 Guests, 0 Users

Hagon adjustable shock.

Started by HEDLEY326, 15/08/17 - 20:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

HEDLEY326

Hi lads (and lasses).
I have a X Reg xl 1000. (SD-01).
I replaced the shock but now have no clue, where to mount the pre-load adjuster. At the moment I have just bunged it under the seat. Tried a few options but it just gets in the way. Any ideas would be more than welcome.

BigYin

Long Answer : Your best bet is to either invest in a MIG welder and an angle grinder, good drill bits and ideally a pillar drill, or find a mate who has them and then design and build a bracket from scratch

Short answer : you're screwed  >:D >:D >:D

Ok, I got into the idea of welding etc after asking a mate to help with a similar issue for a ZZR1100 with a ZZR1200 rear shock. By the time I came to need to fabricate bracket to attach the remote of an aftermarket rear shock on my Vara I had acquired an arc welder, a Mig welder, plus another Mig for spares, and a pillar drill through the magic of ebay - oh, and was on my 2nd angle grinder - so making a bracket was a matter of making a former with cardboard and scissors, then getting to work with all my toys. True, I still don't have a plasma cutter, like my mate who helped me with the ZZR bracket, but that's only a matter of time......

S Barker

You didn't say what shock you'd fitted.

http://www.honda-varadero-uk.org/forum/index.php?topic=9095.msg79647#msg79647

Shows a picture of the Wilbers pre-load adjuster.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops