Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 04:59:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 288
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 292
Total: 292

292 Guests, 0 Users

Suspicious Price Drop

Started by Redeye, 21/06/06 - 07:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redeye

Being the cynical bastard that I am, the recent price drop, and the lack of any changes for 2 years (apart from the new graffiti paint scheme) makes me wonder if the Big V is about to be either dropped or replaced.

Bodysurfer

Great minds think alike....................I've been speaking to a bloke I know with a great mind  :P
Don't hit anything you can't eat in one meal

Honeymonster

Quote from: Red on  21/06/06 - 07:52:21
Being the cynical ba****d that I am

I wouldn't have said you were cynical......
Never let a motorcycle take you somewhere your brain didn't go five seconds earlier

Stonewolf

Quote from: Honeymonster on  21/06/06 - 11:55:39
I wouldn't have said you were cynical......

Yeah, just old and crotchety
Get out and ride!

Craig67

Whats the betting that we will get an Africa Twin with 1200cc engine and a few extra mods like we should have had in the first place.
HOC  29504

Silver Fox

HOC 28735

Dream like you''ll live forever
Live like you'll die today

Slip Knott

A Shaft,  A shaft, we need shaft drive.

Anyway, what's the problem if it does get discontinued?
Ooo, OOO, OOOps.....

The Prodded Dog

Go on then, lets design the perfect Vara.
Me, I want 1200cc engine, shaft drive, 17 inch wheels front and back, fully adjustable suspension, sharper looks particularly the front end, fitted luggage, adjustable bars, screen and pegs, heated grips and a little orifice in the tank where it meets the seat for vacuum assisted blow jobs!
Must admit they need to announce something quick as am seriously considering new Tiger when launched.
TPD
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

Poppy

Quote from: The prodded dog on  22/06/06 - 21:14:06
Go on then, lets design the perfect Vara.
Me, I want 1200cc engine, shaft drive, 17 inch wheels front and back, fully adjustable suspension, sharper looks particularly the front end, fitted luggage, adjustable bars, screen and pegs, heated grips and a little orifice in the tank where it meets the seat for vacuum assisted blow jobs!
Must admit they need to announce something quick as am seriously considering new Tiger when launched.
TPD

A man of simple pleasures then   ::)
Everybody dies - not everyone lives!

A woman who rides a motorcycle is in touch with the universe and ready for adventure

Bodysurfer

QuoteGo on then, lets design the perfect Vara.

Lots of handling, plenty of go, buckets full of reliability and build quality.

Won't everything else fall into place ? (OK...maybe not the blow job)
Don't hit anything you can't eat in one meal

Supadan

Lenny: There's nothing like revenge for getting back at people.
Carl: Vengeance isn't too bad either.

My brother - http://www.justgiving.com/sponsorfi

Harv

TPD...you just described the Bimmer 1250 GSA....well...without the BJ button
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path..... and leave a trail...!

.....and remember, "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"

happychappy

At this lower price, the red, white & blue one might make it on to my shopping list. The original list price was always way above what the bike was worth, IMHO.
HOC 28750
"There's no such thing as bad weather; just the wrong clothes" (Billy Connolly)  "I'm on the whisky diet....I've lost three days already"! (Tommy Cooper)
Knowledge is luggage:- I travel light.

Honeymonster

Quote from: happychappy on  24/06/06 - 10:35:12
At this lower price, the red, white & blue one might make it on to my shopping list. The original list price was always way above what the bike was worth, IMHO.

You like the Red, white and blue one?

Agree with you about the price though, considering the 2nd hand values are utter shite  :(
Never let a motorcycle take you somewhere your brain didn't go five seconds earlier

Firegus

Hi,

I was in My Local Honda Dealer, getting my 1150 GS serviced, when I heard about the price drop.
Before I bought the GS, I had a test run on the Varadero, as I had owned 8 Hondas before, but went ahead and bought the GS.
I was thinking of trading the GS in for a 1200, but ?500.00 for a new Varadero, or ?4k for a 1200GS has made me think seriously about it.

Anyone here made the switch from GS to Varadero?

I would appreciate your views.

:-\