Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

18/05/24 - 10:21:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 66
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 41
Total: 41

41 Guests, 0 Users

Pided Piper

Started by mrwinkey, 01/04/08 - 11:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwinkey

Hi Guys,

I've got a question about something i noticed on my Baby V.

Just behind the gear shift, attached to the frame, are 3 little black rubber tubes. These tubes are about 10mm in diameter, two go up to the controls of the bike, and the ohjter dissapears into the engine.

The thing i want to ask is, what are these tubes?

I ask, as they are open ended, almost like an exhaust.

Cheers,

Jay
Cheers

Jay
www.active.me.uk

Big Dave

hi piper,

they are probably just breathers and over flow tubes allows the release of pressure build up in the engine and any excess oil to come out(if over filled).

nothing to worry about,  someone else will confirm this. :) :good:
Just cos your breathing doesn't mean your alive
Shiny side up:-)
Vim 10 Zanka Hungary       2008
Vim 11 Assos Turkey          2009
Vim 12 Zams Austria          2010
Vim 13 Vyhne Slovakia       2011
Vim 14 Taraggona Spain     2012
Vim 15  Cardigan   Wales    2013
Vim 16 Gerianger Norway    2014 car

Craig67

you need to make sure that at least once a week you "milk" them.  Just think of them as udders and milk them gently for about 10 mins. this will help reduce any pressure in the engine and oil build up. You may get a slight discharge but this should be a golden brown, if it is dark then you should milk for a further 10 mins. just keep it as a weekly routine when you wash your bike. Hope this helps.
HOC  29504

mrwinkey

Hi Guys,

I found out today exactly what at least one of them is, to my horror.

I ran out of fuel (no warning light or anything) and had to switch to the reserve tank. I then returned to the petrol station i had just seen, and filled up.

I decided i would brim the tank (?17.50), but as i refitted the cap, i looked at my feet to see petrol pooring out of one of those tubes. So i guess at least one of them is a petrol overflo.

Craig,

this may sound stupid, but how exactly do you milk them. Do i squeeze from the top all the way down (like toothpaste), or just at the very ends which are exposed. If the former, then i wont be able to do one of them, as it dissapears into the bike somewhere.

Cheers,

Jay

Ps. Does anyone know how many miles i may get to the reserve tank?

Cheers

Jay
www.active.me.uk

S Barker

Quote from: mrwinkey on  01/04/08 - 22:39:43
Craig,

this may sound stupid, but how exactly do you milk them. Do i squeeze from the top all the way down (like toothpaste), or just at the very ends which are exposed. If the former, then i wont be able to do one of them, as it dissapears into the bike somewhere.

Just check and see what date this was posted on ! <doh>
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Blahhhh

Quote from: mrwinkey on  01/04/08 - 22:39:43

Ps. Does anyone know how many miles i may get to the reserve tank?

My failing memory tells me it was about 200 when I had to switch to the reserve although that varies with riding style and rider "balast"

Reset the trip meter every time you fill up, that's the only warning you'll get when your heading towards the reserve - although i think the latest baby varo has a fuel warning light now?

mrwinkey

Mr Barker,

good point, i missed that one. That was a good one. Lol

Blahhhhh,

I hope you are wrong and its further than that, as that does not sound very good at all. I am sure most people have quoted around the 280 mark.

I know i wont get that at first, until i lean to ride the bike right.

On that subject, I have a question.

If i was travelling up a 40mph hill, and the bike could manage this in 5th gear, but the throttle had to be fully open, with the bike doing around 6k rpm, would this be more economical than having it in 4th gear doing 8k rpm?

Is it the rpm that governs how much fuel you use, or how far the throttle is open.

I am going to make an actual post out of this question, as not everyone will read these replies (no offonce)

Cheers,

Jay
Cheers

Jay
www.active.me.uk