Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 08:19:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 133
Total: 134

133 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

O2 sensor eliminator

Started by cj4x4fun, 10/12/10 - 21:32:17

Previous topic - Next topic

cj4x4fun

Can anyone help, had problem on va-6 getting lean at low revs and stalling so reading posts on the forum i bought an o2 eliminator but queastion is wher can i find o2 plug, cant seem to see anything.....help :)

strato_caster

well,on mine I followed the lambda sensor lead back up from the exhaust and it led to just under the left  side panel,you should be able to access the connector with a bit of fiddling.

The enthusiast

Hi there

Its just tucked under the left side of the fuel tank in a large clear vinyl sheath along with another connector  . Remove the seat and remove the front and rear tank mounting bolts and also the bolts that secure the side fairings to the forward part of the fuel tank. I then got someone to help and lifted the rear of the fuel tank up enough to get at the connector, push up the sheath to expose the connectors and you will see the one you need. A bit fiddly,  I used a small screw driver to push down a locking tab release,  then the Eliminator just plugs into its place. When you put all back make sure you secure the now detached 02 sensor wire somewhere close to where it came from. Easy to swop it back if you wish to at some time.

Think there is a photo if you go on the Dynojet site and have a look at the fitting instructions for the power commander for the varadero .

Hope that helps

Cheers

Steve
Mad enough to Kill Depressed enough for diminished rersponsibility!

cj4x4fun

Thanks Guys will have a go over the holidays. Wishing you and your Familiys a good christmas and an even better new year... :beer: :)  <thanks>

Snowfalcon

Can you tell me where you got your o2 sensor eliminator from please
Per pennae quod votum

The enthusiast

Hi there

Got mine off Ebay. Just do a search for 02 Eliminator for the Varadero. Should be no problem .

cheers

Mad enough to Kill Depressed enough for diminished rersponsibility!